About Me

I have lived in south Dakota, all of my life. My family is here, my roots are here. While I don't spend alot of time with "family", we always manage to bond together, when times get tough. Gunnar's death is more proof, of that.I also have a huge family of friends, and this "family"also pulls together, in a heart beat,when necessary. My parents live about 70 miles away, my husbands parents live about 7 miles from our house.

Monday, January 07, 2008

Mark Dakota

has an exellent CD. Hear part of it, here
My favorite song? Well, here are the lyrics.....
SOLDIER
I got a letter from my mom
Says half the country thinks it's wrong
But either way
We'll be right here when you come home
She said my family's doing fine
We miss you so much all the time
And all we do
Is count the days 'till you come home
Between the lines
I know she's scared
I wrote her back with what needs to be said
I'm alright
It's my fight
Everyday
For my life
So back home
Tell 'em not
To leave us out
Here alone
I'm alright
It's my fight
Everyday
For my life
Yeah
I'm not sure who's right or wrong
Doesn't matter when your best friend is gone
I watched him die
Tell me why
Cause I don't know
We put our faith in what our leaders say
It's the reason that I'm here today
We vote em' in
Now we need to win
So I'll come home
I can't change a country's views
But we all win
Or we all lose
(Repeat Chorus)
You wanna tell me what I should do
Oh yeah
They wanna tell me what I should do
I just want to be able to say
I did the best I could
Just want a greater good
Oh yea
Say I did the best I could
Just want the greater good
Mmm yeah
I'm alrightI
t's my fight
Everyday
For my life
So back home
Tell 'em not
To leave us out
Here alone
I'm alright
It's my fight
So say a prayer
for me tonight
Back home.

And, when I DIE, and if there's a funeral(I hate funerals, so) play Mark's song, FALLOUT, for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes I agree with both you and Mark Dakota. I just seen this song today! I am a PROUD ARMY MOM! I have a hero in Iraq on his second tour and my only other son is joining the Army this month. I am adding this song to my myspace.com/shewolf_561

Thank you for the lyrics

Pray for and support our troops
Tamera aka 'Wolfie"