About Me

I have lived in south Dakota, all of my life. My family is here, my roots are here. While I don't spend alot of time with "family", we always manage to bond together, when times get tough. Gunnar's death is more proof, of that.I also have a huge family of friends, and this "family"also pulls together, in a heart beat,when necessary. My parents live about 70 miles away, my husbands parents live about 7 miles from our house.

Friday, January 15, 2010

In Memory

Golden memories fill my mind
Of one who's still held dear,
Never forgetting the times we had,
Each day, each month, each year.

Bedazzled by your quirky ways,
United in all our love,
Trying hard to understand,

Now you're needed up above
Only hope the heavens appreciate,
The love that's left behind.

Family, friends and colleagues,
Often quoting your words so kind,
Remembering your goodness,
Great things you've said to make us wonder,
Our hearts yearn to have you back
To stay with us for longer
Till once again we meet- our memories will always stay sweet,
Even tho God needs you-and your soul He wants to keep,
Never, ever will we forget, 'cos our love still runs so deep.

~~Randolf Smith

1 comment:

CC Palette said...

Deb - keep writing, it's good for all of us! Good to connect with you, share your experience, and just send a prayer your way. I'm so happy that FB has given us a portal to communicate after all these years - you were such a part of my "family" experience as a little girl. Here to support you whatever way we can. cc