About Me

I have lived in south Dakota, all of my life. My family is here, my roots are here. While I don't spend alot of time with "family", we always manage to bond together, when times get tough. Gunnar's death is more proof, of that.I also have a huge family of friends, and this "family"also pulls together, in a heart beat,when necessary. My parents live about 70 miles away, my husbands parents live about 7 miles from our house.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

9-11-2005

On Sunday, Sept.11,2005, in Mitchell, S.Dak. A ceremony was held, in memory of those who lost their lives in the terrorism attacks. Also honored were the South Dakotans, who've lost their lives,(since 9/11/2001) while defending America's Freedom .
The ceremony was held (South Dakota style) outdoors, sun shining(95 degrees)along with our famous wind(35mph, out of the South).
A Forestburg native, LaMoine Torgerson, was MC....(thanks!, LaMoine)
U.S.Sen. John Thune,R-SD was guest speaker, and his presentation was awesome.
Col.Tim Reisch gave a brief speech, as well as the Presentation of the Flags.
The 147th Army Band provided music before and durring the service.
And to the men & women, of the 665 Maintenance Company, the Folding of the Flag Ceremony was spectacular, and flawless, from where I sat.
Pastor George Sinkie...thank you...
To the Exchange Club of Mitchell...the Healing Field is truely a breathe taking sight, every time I see it. Thank you seems inadequate...
To the American Legion & Legion Auxillary.....I appreciate your dedication!~

No comments: