About Me

I have lived in south Dakota, all of my life. My family is here, my roots are here. While I don't spend alot of time with "family", we always manage to bond together, when times get tough. Gunnar's death is more proof, of that.I also have a huge family of friends, and this "family"also pulls together, in a heart beat,when necessary. My parents live about 70 miles away, my husbands parents live about 7 miles from our house.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

funerals & more reality

On 6 june , we (Doug & I) attended my (our) Uncle Herm's funeral...this morning,reality truely hit home...it is true, that Mike and Marge are the only living siblings, that much i'd figured out...what stepped up and slapped my face,(reality style)... was the fact that of all the Huber cousins, we,Debey, Marcy, Cathy, and Jesse are so very fortunate, to still have both of our parents, healthy, & happy (depending on the day!) and with us....here and now, i'm about to confess, that i haven't been much of a daughter, the last 17 months, or so, since Gunnar's death.....not that i don't speak with mom & dad....phone bills back that up!...but, it's been a long, long time, since i've been home, to visit........and, someday, i'm going to be kicking myself in the ass for not going home, more often, while i had the chance....ok...so...that's off my chest.
One thing I have learned, since 13jan2005......"hind sight", and "reality checks" are both really good, at kicking my ass...and i'm getting very good at recognizing ''mr. reality''...and i'm attempting to correct those ''pre-existing'' conditions...So, i'm guessing, one of these very first days, i'm going to grab my grandson, and teach him all about ''roadtrippin"!! see ya soon, MOm & Dad!

No comments: