About Me

I have lived in south Dakota, all of my life. My family is here, my roots are here. While I don't spend alot of time with "family", we always manage to bond together, when times get tough. Gunnar's death is more proof, of that.I also have a huge family of friends, and this "family"also pulls together, in a heart beat,when necessary. My parents live about 70 miles away, my husbands parents live about 7 miles from our house.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The mornings after......

A holiday. In all honesty, yesterday had some rough patches.....
I wandered around the 'net.............a huge Thank you, to Sarah, for her post!! I am so proud & grateful, to know Sarah, and Heidi, and Erin.
Thank you, also, to those who remembered us, with a phone call or email. Your kindness willl not be forgotten......

I reread these messages amd then spent some time, reading the family message board @ Fallen Heroes Memorial, where I found a message I would like to share............

"The soldiers do not speak. Nevertheless, they are heard in the still houses: who has not heard them? They have a silence that speaks for them at night and when the clock counts. They say: We are young. We have died. Remember us. They say: We have done what we could but until it is finished it is not done. They say: We have given our lives but until it is finished no one can know what our lives gave. They say: Our deaths are not ours: they are yours they will mean what you make them. They say: Weather our lives and our deaths are for peace and a new hope or for nothing we cannot say: it is you who must say this. They say: We leave you our deaths. Give them their meaning. We were young. they say. We have died. Remember us:"
William Taylor of Bonita Springs, Fl.





No comments: