About Me

I have lived in south Dakota, all of my life. My family is here, my roots are here. While I don't spend alot of time with "family", we always manage to bond together, when times get tough. Gunnar's death is more proof, of that.I also have a huge family of friends, and this "family"also pulls together, in a heart beat,when necessary. My parents live about 70 miles away, my husbands parents live about 7 miles from our house.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Memories

It seems like Gunnars entire life(as parents), we were constantly bitching at him, to take care of his property. He worked his ass off, in the melon patches...Get paid, sometimes(most of the time) on a daily basis, and be broke, again, the next day..One year Lee slowed him down enough, to buy him a shotgun, for part of his labor."You'll have something to show, for your work, for the rest of your life...."echoed through the garage, for an entire summer. Trust me, this is (was) a nice gun. A few years later, Gunnar went to basic training, @ Ft. Knox. About 6 weeks afterhe left, we found the shotgun. It wasn't until after Gunnar died, when Doug looked closely, at this shotgun, that we discovered how badly it had been used/abused...and then, Gunnar's sister, Jo, offered up a confession, about a 4wheeler ride, on gravel, spotlighting,the speed of the 4wheeler, a bump on the gravel road, an accidental discharge,(missed her by inches), and the shotgun sliding down the gravel road.....we have had it professional cleaned, and fixed as much as necessary, to prevent rusting.Someday, when Jo gives the shotgun, to her son, she can tell the story of the scratches..they'll always be there............young, and carefree...or reckless...dunno.....

1 comment:

Arnie Brown said...

I like your blog, and will add it to "my favorites". I am new to blogging, but not new to car clubs. I have furnished custom made car badges to dozens of car clubs all over the country. I have a web site that I feel you will find both interesting and informative. Please pay me a visit when you have time.
**car clubs**car club custom