About Me

I have lived in south Dakota, all of my life. My family is here, my roots are here. While I don't spend alot of time with "family", we always manage to bond together, when times get tough. Gunnar's death is more proof, of that.I also have a huge family of friends, and this "family"also pulls together, in a heart beat,when necessary. My parents live about 70 miles away, my husbands parents live about 7 miles from our house.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Pheasant Opener

In less than one hour,there'll be lotza happy men, wearing ORANGE,& toteing shotguns, in the state of S.Dak..In the last 2 days, traffic has multiplied by 4....
Last night I "met up" with a few of the hunters that come back from Minnesota, every year..it's been 2 years, since I've seen these guys, and it's the first time we've seen each other, since Gunnar's death. I know how hard it is, this ''first time'' situation, and I want to thank you, all, for taking time, to share your memories. I appreciate the quiet, private conversations, laughter & tears, and I know, Gunnar held a special place, in your hearts, too. You watched him grow up.....remember the orange hair eppisode?? and yes, the$4oo car with $1000 stereo?and the thump, thump music we could hear, 1/4mile away?!
As the old saying goes, "Meet ya @ the clubhouse!"

1 comment:

debey said...

PS...thanks, Dave!