About Me

I have lived in south Dakota, all of my life. My family is here, my roots are here. While I don't spend alot of time with "family", we always manage to bond together, when times get tough. Gunnar's death is more proof, of that.I also have a huge family of friends, and this "family"also pulls together, in a heart beat,when necessary. My parents live about 70 miles away, my husbands parents live about 7 miles from our house.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

things you find

when "breaking into" your kids email account, after his death....It took me about 3 weeks, to figure out the password...i kept a list of the errors, just so i didn't lose time, repeating trials. i'd try, like 5 or 6 times, about 4 times a day, as i didn't want to send up red flags., and get nothing!

I did find that his email account was a lot cleaner, than his bedroom or cars ever were...
I found emailaddresses, mostly for his friends, here, BUT there were 2 addresses, belonging to men in gunnars platoon....I promptly sent a message, stating, "I am Gunnar's Mom. I've successfully broken into his email account. I would love to hear from you, SOME DAY, if its a week from now, a year from now, or 10 years from now". Both men responded........

there were a few emails, from other friends inwhich Gunnar had spoken about his preminissions, the gut feelings he would get, and the times they'd come true. the copy of the email, about moving to Mosul, and the "bad feelings" about this, was still there.

I have had uncontrollable "urges", where I go to the computer, and sit,and search, for hours. It started shortly after Gunnar's death, and was very intense, for a few weeks. It mellowed out, and i thought it had passed, until last week...i'm working on another entry, about that experience but, until then, check this out...
http://iraqwarnews.net/2005/08/of-poets-angels-and-fallen-heroes.html

No comments: