About Me

I have lived in south Dakota, all of my life. My family is here, my roots are here. While I don't spend alot of time with "family", we always manage to bond together, when times get tough. Gunnar's death is more proof, of that.I also have a huge family of friends, and this "family"also pulls together, in a heart beat,when necessary. My parents live about 70 miles away, my husbands parents live about 7 miles from our house.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

OIF WARHORSE NEVER FORGOTTEN GARDEN MEMORIAL

about 3 days ago, i recieved an email, with a forwarded email attached,

exert...........
From: Pittard Dana JH BG MNC-I IAG Commanding General
There is now a memorial set up by 3BDE/3ID on the main road next to the Khan Building across the street from the chapel. The memorial is dedicated to all of our fallen comrades from 4ID, 1ID, 3ID, and the current unit (3BDE/4ID). It was very touching to see the names of 35 of our 36 fallen comrades from 3BCT (I noticed that SGT Michael Martinez' from 1-6 FA was missing --- they will add his name to the wall of heroes).

many search engines later, i've found 2 pictures...link below
http://www.truck-web.us/gallery/insector/3ID_memorial_garden?full=1

i have also emailed the photographer, and extended our thanks, and gratitude...
this has been heavy on my heart for a few days, and having seen pictures, i'm starting to feel better....................debey

No comments: